I have always wanted to go to a Gun Show. Merrill, Scott and I went since I was cancelled from working today. Awesome I thought. It was quite the experience, so much ammo and so many guns, it makes you tougher just being in the room. They both bought some ammo and Merrill bought a nice looking 22. We were just browsing when we heard a BOOM. For just a second the whole place was quite I started hurrying over when I heard someone yell get a medic. I got over to a small asian lady who I had stood next to not more than fifteen minutes before, she was selling little remote controlled helicopters. As I approached, there were a few people near her. I stated that I was a nurse. Blood was flowing from her neck. I didn't quite know how severe it was at the time. I knew that we needed to stop the bleeding. Some cloth was given to me and I compressed the wound with my right hand while stabilizing her head with my left arm. She was in tremondous anxiety her eyes were pinpoint, I could only imagine the epinephrine that her body was dumping on her to stabilize the shock. I held her when a doctor who was there took a brief look of what looked like a bullet entry and exit point later finding out it was more likely shrapnel, thank goodness it was just a graze. I continued to compress the neck till the Firefighter and EMS arrived. My hands were bloodied from helping her. Before going to the Gun Show Merrill and I were talking about the time when a man was shot 2 times in front of our condo and how I did something very similar, Merrill mentioned maybe there was a reason why I was called off today. I don't doubt for a second that if I didn't jump in that someone else would have, but I am grateful that I could be a service to that woman. My patriarchal blessing said that I would choose a vocation where I would serve others. I thank my Heavenly Father for all of his grace and love that he has given me. I thank him for good friends and a wonderful and supportive wife and family.
Gilbert Arizona Temple Painting
10 years ago






2 comments:
wow you are the hero for the day forsure :) scarey story.. glad you were there to help! Baby Logan is a doll. Cant wait to see him in person. Im adding your blog to my list of bloggers.. hopefully thats ok. ill check in more often this way :)
I bet she was glad that you were there! There are fewer people than you think that would jump in. I don't know if I could have. I would faint in front of blood. Scary!
Post a Comment